Monday, September 7, 2009


I stumbled across an interesting project at - interesting because it set out to solve pretty much exactly the same problem as I did when I started building my timer, and in more or less the same way.

I abandoned my initial version that used the Picaxe mainly because I couldn't get precise enough control of the timing (the Picaxe has an operating system sitting between your program and the hardware, which got in my way...), though in fact I'm not sure that I need quite the level of precision that I was aiming for. For milk-drop type photos, the nearest millisecond is close enough.

No comments: